ABA Methodologies Used
Just to name a few…
• Individualized instruction and program development for behavior problem reduction.
• Precise measurement of observable behavior & behavior-based interventions.
• Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA).
• Discrete trails training and natural teaching opportunities are captured to teach academic, social, vocational, and life skills.
• Blueprints are developed for antecedent and consequential interventions that are technological. This means they are described in such a way that they can be implemented by any trained person resulting in the same outcome.
• Data are collected and analyzed to determine treatment efficacy, generality, and maintenance.
• Generalization is specifically addressed for long term success.
• Discrimination and differential responding are specifically shaped and reinforced.
• Positive and negative reinforcement, which is NOT punishment, are used.
• Task analyses.
• Verbal behavior training.
• Systematic desensitization.
• Errorless learning.
• Development of functionally equivalent replacement behaviors.
• Procedures employed are pragmatic—practical with a focus of setting your child up for success.
• Setting expectations, behavior contracting.
• Escape extinction, planned ignoring, and prompting.
• Parent training.